Every year, May the fourth (be with you – and also with you, amen), is the unofficial day to celebrate all things Star Wars. The fandom of Star Wars is strong with the force, but also, the lessons of those treasured movies have evolved into real world consequences, with many establishing the way of the Jedi as an actual religion.
The galaxy far, far away has recently wised up and added more Latinos to their cast. To the joy of many, Diego Luna and Oscar Isaac have been in their most recent hits, “Rogue One” and “The Force Awakens,” respectively. Also announced for a new role, is Benicio Del Toro for the upcoming film “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” And who can forget Jimmy Smits, who has starred as Senator Bail Organa in more Star Wars films than any other Latino, appearing in Episodes II, III and then appearing again in “Rogue One.”
The crossover between Star Wars and Latino culture has been a phenomenal one for social media with “Estar Guars” popping up every year on May the fourth. With it’s proximity to Cinco De Mayo, it really does lend itself to some creative posts. We’ve gathered some of the best “Estar Guars” posts below to celebrate.
1. Vader probably cuts up the meanest tacos al pastor.
— ??Dan Vera?? (@danvera) April 13, 2017
2. Princess Leia looks a little more badass with fierce brows and large hoops and this R2D2 is hella cute.
3. But check Leia and R2 out as they link up with the squad, tho.
— Juice F C (@chapinin) May 4, 2017
4. Coolest mom ever.
— Debbie Cortez Lopez (@valleydoll) May 4, 2017
5. You know “Arturito” has a compartment to stash churros for later.
6. For fans, these enamel pins capture the true essence of the day.
— Kurk ? (@jacknifejeds) March 25, 2017
7. 50% Frida. 50% Leia. 100% bad-ass.
— Lisa Serrano (@lovelisaserrano) March 5, 2017
8. Defacing a wall never looked so good.
— Francisca Torres (@torresfrancisca) March 4, 2017
9. Is Krennic sniffing a taco? And is Trump the Death Star? Because perfect.
— Jorge A Gonzalez (@ThisIsKuks) January 9, 2017
10. Somebody call abuela, because it’s going down!
— Manos De Fierro (@ManeRok) January 4, 2017
11. Yes, this version of lotería is actually a real thing. ?
12. If our revolutionaries had light sabers, they would have been unstoppable.
13. At this point “Juan Solo” isn’t that original, but the puns always get me.
Yes this is me Oscar, who usually answers all the emails and handles your package (pun intended.) This was Halloween 2015 I was Juan Solo, Han's better looking half brother. Can you find the maraca? Ain't no real Mexican caught without their maracas. Estar Guars patch available here at violentlittle.com. #maythefourth #violentlittle #estarguars #juansolo #maytheforcebewithyou #starwars #solo #patch #maythefourthbewithyou #maythe4thbewithyou
14. This one is controversial for sure, but Leia would probably embrace it.
15. Vader was definitely feeling himself in this pic.
16. Who else wants one of these luchador masks?
Love how #luchalibre & #popculture can blend so seamlessly. Random fan art find on Pinterest celebrating lucha libre on this #maythefourth #starwars day. We're getting ready to drop over a dozen new designs and styles of Lucha Libre x Pop Culture apparel when our brand new @luchapopcouture site launches on May 20th! We're also heading to Licensing Expo where our iconic luchadores and legends will be available for collabs for the very first time. #maythe4th #lucha #EstarWars #estarguars #chicano #latino #hispanic #licensingexpo #licensing17
17. Oh that’s where he keeps the maraca.
18. Obi-Juan will teach you the ways of the force, mijo.
19. Chewbacca is definitely the homie when you run into problems.
And Remember: May the fourth be with you and Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Recommend this story to a friend by clicking on the share button below.